Our advice for you are ” yes”, 7-10 days after birth, you should incubation. The use of egg incubator to hatch eggs will increase the rate of hatching (up to 80%), avoid disease and the effects of the environment. Some incubators have features that automatically adjust temperature, humidity, and automatically rotate eggs over time. From there you have complete control over the egg incubation process
Navigate Our Top 10 Incubator
Our Picks Top 10 Best Chicken Egg Incubator for Sale
We will summarize the top 10 best chicken egg incubator on the market today. Do not buy them if you have not read the guides and our reviews.
|Model||Size||Egg turning||Where buy|
|Brinsea Mini Advance Hatching Egg Incubator||7-hen or duck eggs||Fully automatic egg turning and autostop|
|Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator||10-hen eggs||Manual egg turning|
|Farm Innovators Model 4200||41 Eggs||Automatic egg turner turns the eggs completely every four hours|
|Magicfly Digital Eggs Incubator with Egg Turner Poultry Hatch||10 Eggs||Semi automatic|
|Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator||24 chicken eggs||Auto egg turning|
|HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo||41 eggs (chicken size)||Automatic egg turner|
|GQF 1588 Genesis Hova-Bator Incubator||50 chicken or ducks eggs or 130 quail eggs||Optional automatic turner sold separately|
|Fall Harvest Product Circulated Air Incubator||52 Egg Capacity (41 with Egg Turner)||Egg Turner Sold Separately|
|Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Manual Turn Egg Incubator||24 hens eggs or equivalent||Manual egg turning|
|The Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance Egg Incubator||24 chicken eggs||Automatic egg turning|
Brinsea Mini Advance Hatching eggs feature fully automatic transfer, as well as automatically stop to enhance the health of the fetus. It also comes with an airflow fan support that distribute heat around the eggs are. The microcontroller on the other side is essential for the management of the incubator functions, including temperature. These can be done through the menu on the screen digital display.
The Hatching Egg Brinsea Mini Earlier this Incubator has a clear compartments allow you to see the eggs while they are inside. The unit includes 7 eggs (chicken or duck) capability, a rotating disc, and a central lake to provide the necessary moisture for tempering. A 12-egg rotating disc for smaller eggs (eg quail) are sold separately. This incubator 12V / 18W power rating and the 8.0-inch x 6.5 Measures (H x D).
- It is small and compact which means that it doesn’t take up too much space in your home
- It has the great automatic turning feature so you don’t have to turn the eggs yourself
- It has automatic alarms to keep the eggs from getting too hot or too cold.
- This incubator can only fit 7 eggs which is probably a bit less that it should be able to fit
- That it does not have built in humidity control which means that you will need to control that by yourself.
- That it is only meant for chicken or goose eggs and will not be able to accommodate smaller or larger eggs.
The Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Brinsea built simple but provide high performance and good reliability. Its capacity up to 24 eggs for most bird varieties. A blinking indicator indicates that the annealing temperature is under the supervision and control stability. For durability and resistance to harsh environments, its cabinet is molded from high-grade ABS plastic material. This makes it both difficult and easy to clean.
With auto recording feature and temperature egg factory preset to 99.5 ° F. There is nothing to adjust! It also features a temperature indicator flashes, as well as a conventional thermometer accuracy. There is a fan supporting the air circulation. Simple but precise proportion Band electronic temperature control. And, it is how to deliver enhanced temperature and low energy use. Removable tray dividers for help to snugly cradle the eggs of different sizes of eggs. The units have a clear head in order to enhance the visibility of the egg is gradually and automatically rocked the side. The unit even comes with a full factory warranty.
- Easy to set up and to use. All you need to do is to plug it in, put the eggs in it, put a bowl of water in the bottom, and you are ready to go.
- It is very easy to clean before and after use to keep the eggs free of contaminants.
- This incubator is very easy to use because the temperature doesn’t need to be set as it is already preset.
- It also has a fan assisted air circulation feature that keeps the air flowing and keeps them at an optimal temperature.
- It can carry 24 eggs, but there are many people out there who want to incubate a lot more than that at once.
- it doesn’t have any real way to control the moisture and humidity levels, which means that you need to get your own measuring tools.
- One of the other drawbacks to this model is that it does have a relatively short power cord so it does need to be kept near an electrical outlet.
This product is an automatic egg-turning incubator just as its name suggests. It has been designed with simplicity in mind hence very easy to operate. The digital control system is simple yet highly accurate. The fully automatic humidity control system has an optional advance humidity pump. It is the most essential unit for those small farmers, having a capacity of 24 chicken eggs. It is also suitable for a wide variety of egg sizes without adding any accessories.
The Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance features a robust hygienic construction made of ABS plastics. This makes it easy to clean. In addition to its temperature alarm and periodic cooling, it also features the choice of either °C or °F. Full humidity control gives you the option of adding the Advance Humidity pump. A vent slider is added in the design to aid in the circulation of fresh air, while a two-water reservoir system in the base provides humidity. To ensure excellent temperature distribution, the base of the unit is double-skinned and filled with foam, which makes it use less power.
- It truly is a ‘set and forget’ unit with excellent hatch rates, perfectly accurate readings and superior to anything similar that is present in the market presently.
- It is definitely worth the extra money for the turning unit too.
- A great little unit, easy to clean, easy to use, easy to program and better than any Styrofoam Incubator you might have ever used to maintain temperature and humidity extremely well balanced.
- It is a little heavy on the pocket.
- It is a little bit of work on maintaining the right humidity by working in conjunction with this unit but post the first use it proves to be a very good investment.
- Just follow the directions provided vigorously and you’ll be good to go!
The Octagon 20 ECO Brinsea Incubator is a special product in its range with the options available to 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit, non-thermal foam and fan forced or ability to change the preset temperature. The temperature control electronics to cut risk and promote a greater hatching rate other nurseries at this price. Products can incubate different species, which means it is also very flexible.
With simple features, this is a good incubator for poultry hobbyists budget conscious. A series of 24 eggs hatched in one day, this is a great option. Body temperature comes preloaded at 99.5 F, making it easier for you to start. band who controlled electronic temperature brings much-needed access before and during this process. A temperature indicator flashes makes things easier.
With high-quality materials with ABS – durable and easy to clean. You will get a clear view into the chamber through the village head clear. A long-term fan-end computer does all circulation machine, and a vent slider to help control it. Two reservoirs in the base of the incubator to help play the role of air humidity. The egg tray compartment can be moved to suit different size eggs. You can gently rock side to side incubator and manually turn the eggs. The octagonal cabinet finish make this a possibility safely and easily.
- The numerous positive reviews that this particular product has accumulated for itself is honestly amazing.
- It so happens that this Egg Incubator is a real babymaker! It lets you keep rotating new eggs in and old eggs out into the hatcher on a continuous basis for months on end.
- It is small in size, easy to mount on a table – top, immensely user-friendly, tremendously easy to clean and highly recommended.
- It consumes minimum power as compared to other incubators and enables one to hatch many chicks over a period of time.
- It seems to hold humidity quite well and has a high-quality fit and finish. Brinsea is known for fixing problems if you approach them right away.
- All in all, this is a great value for money product, one you shouldn’t think or fuss over much.
- The only cons of this incubator are that you need to be able to go through the user manual at least once in detail so as to render the entire process smooth.
- Also, a close watch on the temperature and humidity panels is required.
The Fall Harvest Circulated Air Incubator Product with clean design and very compact, the travel desk incubator. With air circulation fan to help cool the eggs always. Temperature control solid state excellent air circulation Incubator has everything going for it. You can judge a constant temperature of 99.5 ° F thanks polystyrene houses of this incubator. This is definitely inspiring for a better hatchability. An incubator liner durable plastic polythene and manipulated to serve as a tray that fits into the base. Not only does this make your incubator cleaned easily, it also completed a protective role. Even feeding water into the incubator is simple.
The unique design is new gutters and ensure this capability; you can add it under the screen using a syringe. You need enough oxygen for the developing chicks, and these holes provide excellent airflow through the incubator. The air circulation Incubator is understandable and easy to use and great for beginners.
- The fact that it has a built-in fan for circulating air is unique compared to basic egg incubators.
- This product is also a convenient and manageable size only weighing in at 5 LBS.
- There has been at least a 75% hatch success rate. Some have claimed that they’ve had 100% success rate each time
- This is a silent machine, so it will not disturb you much.
- One particular thing is that once you have over two dozen eggs in the incubator, it becomes slightly difficult to check the water level and temperature.
- Some customers have said that they had to buy extra thermometers and hydrometers to check that you have actual temps.
- One last thing is that few customers have reported that the mesh platform did not hold up as expected.
The Hatching Egg Mini Eco Brinsea Incubator is a health unit to ensure the best embryo. It has a transparent viewing room, this unit has enough room for ten chicken eggs. It also comes with an airflow fan support that distribute heat around the eggs are. The microcontroller on the other side is essential for the management of the incubator functions, including temperature. These can be done through the menu on the screen digital display.
Additionally it also includes a rotating disk analog and a central reservoir for moisture. Another bonus is that there are more than a Mini before it is resistant to weather, oil, ozone, power, heat, various chemicals, and watery eyes.
- The smaller capacity allows you to hatch a good number of eggs at one time, without having too many to cope with.
- The fan assisted, electronic temperature controls gives you total control over the eggs’ environment.
- Clear sides allow you to see every moment of the development and hatching process, as well as showing any damage as soon as possible.
- The glass thermometer keeps track of temperature as accurately as possible, so you can change and adapt the controls to create the perfect environment.
- Guarded water pots provide ultimate safety when hatching.
- The Biomaster antimicrobial additive ensures a safe environment for all young hatchlings.
- The low voltage of the Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator ensures that the incubator will run efficiently and effectively throughout hatching season.
- The eggs must be turned manually, so you must be present for the entire hatching season, and ensure that you handle the eggs carefully to avoid breakage.
- The Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator can be prone to lose heat in cooler rooms, and needs to be insulated.
- The space inside is very small for new hatchlings.
- The temperature of the Brinsea Mini Eco Hatching Egg Incubator can take a while to stabilize, which can be detrimental to the embryos in the early stages.
- There is no humidity gauge, which can cause issues for the hatchlings as they grow and develop inside the eggs.
- The fan does make a bit of noise, and this can be an irritation to those who are sensitive to noise.
- The heater does not have back up power, so power cuts and fuse burn-outs can cause the incubator to shut off completely, which can cause death in the young embryos.
- The heater can get to dangerously high levels, without careful attention this can suffocate the hatchlings.
With material made from PVC + PP, the Magicfly Digital Incubator with Egg Egg Turner is one of the best quality nursery you can look for eggs. These are durable materials which are safe and healthy. It is also a highly effective incubator. It features an automatic thermometer and features semi-automatic rotary egg.
Is an appropriate unit, reliable, and simple – perfect for those who are interested can brooding geese, chickens and ducks. Its transparent design gives you a complete look inside when you see the village. It comes with a full screen display LRD enhance the clarity and confidence. The unit has a capacity of ten eggs, measuring 24.5X24.5X15CM (L x W x H), and 110V interest rates (domestic use only).
The Farm Innovators Model 4200 Circulated Air Incubator is a unit automatically, eliminating manual handling (causing higher egg hatchability). It can hold up to 41 eggs, which is more significant than Brinseas. It has 2 large viewing window, measuring 9-1 / 2 inches x 3-1 / 2-Inch each. This makes it easier to observe the eggs during incubation without having to open the unit.It has a built-in hygrometer to measure temperature and humidity. To stabilize the internal temperature and improved bloom, a fan is included to draw fresh air into the unit. A red light indicator will let you know when heating is running. This machine turn the eggs every four hours, and maybe even add a thermometer. Its durable plastic cover protects the nursery from the harsh conditions and make it easier to clean. It is made of recycled polystyrene foam, rated at 120 V, 40 watts and 0.33 amps.
- Automatic egg turner
- Holds up to 41 eggs
- A bit difficult to see the middle row of eggs through the view windows
- Challenging to maintain the proper temperature
When selecting an automatic egg incubator for the new air fan, improve the balance of temperature and provide fresh air into the incubator. The use HovaBator Advanced Combo Egg Incubator is a smart choice. It is made of soft, durable enough to help the incubator to keep warm, the temperature range is relatively stable. With the window to see it measures 5 “x 4”, hatching eggs can easily be observed without opening the machine. This makes it an appropriate choice for educational purposes. It has a capacity of 41 egg size. The standard is 110V, although version 220 / 240V is also available.
With HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo, the eggs are free automatically up to six times per day with universal rails for 41 egg size. It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. The digital hygrometer and thermometer on the other side comes with a battery that lets you read the temperature and humidity, and adjust as necessary. It also comes with a warning signal min / max temperature and humidity when adjustments are necessary.
- You won’t be able to find a cheaper incubator with so many features packed in.
- In terms of egg capacity, the HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo Kit is second to none.
- Simplicity. Its simple design means this is easy to use, and upgrade product.
- The simple materials it is made from makes the HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo Kit feel flimsy compared to other incubators
- Not having individual egg cups makes the HovaBator Advanced Egg Incubator Combo Kit an efficient incubator than others on the market.
If you are looking for a unit with temperature to adjust the temperature, the Hova-Bator GQF 1588 Genesis Incubator is an ideal unit. It is commonly used in laboratories, classrooms and poultry farms with small scale. It has a capacity of 50 chicken / duck or quail eggs and 130 measures 18-1 / 2 “x 18-1 / 2” x 9-1 / 2 “.
It also includes a picture window and a layer plastic bed liner, as well as an LCD display for actual temperature, humidity and the temperature setting. a manufacturer warranty comes with one year of the purchase. This is a unit purchase value, especially for those who need to know everything about incubation and hatching.
- Based on customer reviews, the incubator is easy to use and very efficient.
- It ensures that majority of the eggs are hatched.
- The temperature self-regulates and with some monitoring, the humidity can be maintained by adding water to a plastic tray at the bottom of the incubator.
- The control board displays updates frequently and reflects the accurate temperature and humidity so that adjustments can be made if needed.
- The material is Styrofoam which is not only light and easy to move around, but it is one of the most highly reliable insulators on the market.
- There is a nice viewing window so we can see the eggs while incubating. Finally, the incubator comes preset at a degree appropriate for most bird eggs.
- There are not a lot of shortcomings, but the incubator does not come with an egg turner.
- This should be bought separately
- Customers have also complained that the Styrofoam cover makes it difficult to clean and might make the product less durable since Styrofoam is not as strong as plastic.
- Some customers pointed out, and the constant opening of the incubator to maintain humidity or turn the eggs may cause wear and tear.
- Also, since it does not regulate humidity and how much water is left in the incubator, you should monitor the level of the water underneath the eggs to ensure the humidity does not drop lower than you would like.
Why Use an Egg Incubator?
Used for different species: Most egg incubators can be used for many species – both birds and reptiles alike. Be sure to pay attention to the capacity of the incubator because it relates to what you will be raiting. quail eggs will be much smaller than chicken eggs, for example. Most nurseries will be evaluated according to how many eggs can contain, because this is the most common usage. Many Hatchers experience can choose to work with a ball python eggs, egg chameleons, bearded dragons eggs, etc.
Easier to use: Often it is cheaper to buy than the fertilized egg to buy animals to be established. This means that you can buy a few fertilized eggs, usually less than a minor one, and get a much better interest on your money.
Learning experience: The life cycle when the eggs hatch provides a learning experience that’s unforgettable hard to beat. If you have children, grandchildren, or are just curious about animals raised hand, egg incubator lets you start raising your new pet before birth.
Cheap and easy way to transport.
It is easier and cheaper to transport than chicken eggs. Small chicks can be stressed by the noise, or even be able to experience environmental shocks in the new environment. This can be solved by transporting an egg and hatch it in the environment you want to put up the chicken in. Carrying chickens chicks hatched or adult can lead to cooling, butt paste, and even death. There are regulations on how and when to transport the chicks. However, there is relatively no regulations on the transport of eggs, so it’s easier to give a new variety using egg rather than by the use of chickens and hens.
The heating device used to send chickens to your farm can be quite expensive, as most of the hatcheries charged its customers for that. The device is priced at an average of $ 50. It will be quite expensive if you are buying a small number of chicks.
Learning experience with a personal touch.
Hatching from your egg incubators gives you confidence about the health of the chicks, as you know what you have to feed them from the first day. This is not the same as buying chicks and hens were not aware that you care for them. You can choose one of two vaccinations for your chicks or not. It is also a great way of seeing and learning the technological advances in the world.
Things to Consider
When buying any new egg incubator, we have some things to consider. First, check your budget. Do not use an expensive incubator if your demands are not too much, just use the most basic incubator with the necessary functionality.
You should consider the features of the egg incubator. Some might come with temperature display and fully automated features. Your needs should determine the features because not all projects are the same!
Best Types of Chicken Egg Incubators
On the market now has two main types of chicken incubators used, they can also be used for practical lessons in the universities of agriculture and poultry farming. These include:
- Forced air incubators or Automatic Incubators
- Still air incubators or Manual Incubators
The automatic incubators are often used for a large number of eggs. They are designed with the fresh air flow evenly around the egg. Some of them come with a feature that automatically turns the eggs. Some egg incubator is controlled manually, the eggs should be regularly rotated manually by the user.
The use of chicken egg incubator is an easy process, as long as you choose suitable for your unit. Different nursery comes with the control setup, different functions bloom. For example, if you’re a livestock farmer will find quarterly small Hova-Bator GQF 1588 Genesis Incubator Hova-Bator better than the Egg Incubator Advanced Combo. Although use of any budget for your egg incubator, the most important thing is still monitoring the nursery and record everything that happens during the course. The device automatically, with preset screen is the preferred choice when selecting first. Hope you will find a suitable unit for you.